Why Become a Member?
For over forty years, the Allentown Association has been reaching out to the community through its very active volunteer-based committees. By becoming a member, your tax-deductible donation enables the Allentown Association to continue to carry out our essential work of community service through:
- Encouraging historic preservation and property maintenance,
- Neighborhood beautification,
- Promoting appropriate business development, and
- Crime prevention
Members have our promise that we will maintain and enhance Allentown’s unique urban ambiance. Whether you are a homeowner, renter, business owner or employee, or cultural organization, you have a stake in Allentown. Membership is available to anyone who resides or owns a business in the historic preservation district. Associate membership is open to all others, including individuals and businesses that exist outside of Allentown.
What are the benefits of Membership?
- The Allentown Neighbor, our bi-monthly newsletter, is mailed to your home or business. The newsletter is just one of the ways we strive to provide members with valuable information about their community and the efforts of the Allentown Association.
- Allentown Alerts! neighborhood email updates
- Invitation to our Annual Spring Dinner and Annual Membership Dinner in the fall
- Exciting volunteer opportunities and satisfaction of knowing you are supporting your local community
- Opportunities to meet interesting people and make new friends
- The Access Allentown membership card entitling members to discounts and specials at participating local businesses. Learn more.
Individuals, businesses, and organizations interested in becoming an Allentown Association member can download a Membership Application and send it to 14 Allen Street, Buffalo, NY 14202.